Re: I can't get xxx_AR to work

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: I can't get xxx_AR to work
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:55:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Patrik Jonsson wrote:

I'm trying to convert my little project to autotools, and I'm running into the problem that under AIX, to make a 64-bit library, you need to pass -X64 as an option to ar. I've tried setting libmcrx_a_AR = something, ARFLAGS =something and AR =something in the Makefile.am, but no matter how I do this, the Makefile always comes out having:

Maybe adding libtool to the mix will help. Then driving 'ar' becomes libtool's responsibility rather than automake's.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn