Re: creating a distro

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: creating a distro
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:57:28 -0400

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 07:11:05AM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hi,
>   this is an Automake question, so please let's move to the Automake list.
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 02:47:15AM +0000, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> > I have a distro that contains optionally-built subdirs.
> > I have found that I must enable these builds if I am going to "make
> > dist".
>
> No, you can use DIST_SUBDIRS or, better yet, AM_CONDITIONAL.  See below.

Yes, this is something I've been doing, which I did find in the automake
manual.

> >    SUBDIRS=$(READLINE_DIR) various tgdb cgdb
> >    DIST_SUBDIRS=various tgdb cgdb
> >    EXTRA_DIST=config $(READLINE_DIR)
>
> SUBDIRS =
> if READLINE
>   SUBDIRS += readline-1.2.3
> endif
> SUBDIRS = various tgdb cgdb
> ---
>
> With this setup, Automake will dist all subdirs, no matter what configure
> options you will use.

Yes, this is what I have. The problem is, the readline directory does
not have a distdir rule, so I end up with the error,

   make[1]: Entering directory
   `/home/bob/cvs/cgdb/cgdb.packrl/in-rl/readline-5.0'
   make[1]: *** No rule to make target `distdir'.  Stop.
   make[1]: Leaving directory
   `/home/bob/cvs/cgdb/cgdb.packrl/in-rl/readline-5.0'
   make: *** [distdir] Error 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi