signal.h

From: Anton Bossenbroek
Subject: signal.h
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:24:19 +0100

Hello everyone,

I am puzzled my a problem which arises when using the autobuild tools on Linux. I try to compile a simple program which uses signal.h (sigemptyset(3), sigaction(2)). On Mac OS X I encounter no difficulties (autoconf 2.59, automake 1.6.3, Mac OS 10.4.2), but when I try this on a Linux system (fedora and gentoo, automake 1.6.3, 1.9.6, 1.9.2, autoconf 2.59) gcc reports errors which are related to definitions in the signal.h header. When I try to compile by hand, everything works fine. Could someone help me out on this? If you need the full source I can send it.

Thanks for your answers,

Kind regards,

Anton Bossenbroek

My config.in:
#                                               -*- Autoconf -*-
# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_PREREQ(2.59)
AC_INIT([OSN-assignment-3], [1.1], address@hidden, [OSN- assignment-3])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([src/fishbones.c])
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC

# Checks for libraries.

# Checks for header files.
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([ctype.h err.h errno.h string.h sysexits.h sys/ types.h uninstd.h])

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_TYPE_PID_T
AC_TYPE_SIGNAL

# Checks for library functions.
AC_FUNC_FORK