Re: no config.sub/guess copied

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: no config.sub/guess copied
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:53:55 +0100

* Stepan Kasal wrote on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 12:35:15PM CET:

> But you mean another "distribution": something like CVS or other version
> management system's repository.
> But such repository usually contains a script which calls autotools to
> initialte the build.  This script might be called "bootstrap" or
> "autogen.sh".  I suggest that this script copies the needed files from
> somewhere (eg. /usr/share/automake-1.9/), without calling automake.

FWIW, I'd just have bootstrap (which is for the developer, not the
end-user) do a

$WGET \
  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/~checkout~/config/config/config.guess
\
  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/~checkout~/config/config/config.sub

and then of course put these files in the tarball.  :)
(But I can't say how stable these URLs are; they've certainly changed a
number of months back when savannah moved to viewcvs.)