Re: How to write a Makefile letting 'ld' print a link map?

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: How to write a Makefile letting 'ld' print a link map?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:30:40 +0800

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Steven,
>
> * Steven Woody wrote on Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 02:23:50PM CET:
>>
>> the 'ld' has an option letting me print a link map, but this option need an
>> file name as argument.  so i can not simply specify a LDFLAGS since that is
>> different map file name for each object or executable. What do i do? thanks.
>
> Use per-target flags:
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = foo bar
> foo_LDFLAGS = -some -flags
> bar_LDFLAGS = -some -other -flags
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

thanks!

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Jesse: You want to know why I wrote that stupid book?
Celine: Why?
Jesse: So that you might come to a reading in Paris and I could walk
up to you and ask, "Where the fuck were you?"
Celine: [laughing] No - you thought I'd be here today?
Jesse: I'm serious. I think I wrote it, in a way, to try to find you.
Celine: Okay, that's - I know that's not true, but that's sweet of you
to say.
Jesse: I think it is true.

        - Before Sunset (2004)