Re: Distributing directory with software

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Distributing directory with software
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:27:03 +0100

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 10:12:04AM +0000, Paulo Jorge Matos wrote:
> [...] How can I say, distribute all the directory including subdirs.

Quoting the Automake manual, node "Dist":
   You can also mention a directory in `EXTRA_DIST'; in this case the
entire directory will be recursively copied into the distribution.
Please note that this will also copy _everything_ in the directory,
including CVS/RCS version control files.  We recommend against using
this feature.
---end of quote

Or you might make use of the dist-hook, to make sure that only certain
types of files are distributed.  (See the same node in the Automake manual.)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan