Re: top level make file with deep dir struct demo

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: top level make file with deep dir struct demo
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:27:16 +0100

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 13:55 -0600, Matt Hull wrote:

> > > i am also testing on an older system that cannot be upgraded,  how would i
> > > write a toplevel make file for that ?
> >
> > This feature is only supported in newer automakes (IIRC, since 1.9). It
> > doesn't work with older versions of automake.

> my old test system is:
>
> autoconf version 2.13
> automake version 1.4
>
> not my primary computer, just a test one.  can not be upgraded.

Are you seriously trying to tell us you are developing on such an
ancient and outdated system? In this case you are wasting your time of
SW which has been abandoned many years ago.

You should realize that you don't need autoconf/automake on targets you
configure a package on. You need autoconf/automake on those machines you
develop the package on.