installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.

From: Dale Walsh
Subject: installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:55:57 -0500

OS is Mac OSX 10.4.4

I've had a need to update automake from 1.6 to 1.9.5 because of some software packages I'm working with.

When I do this libtool no longer functions properly, one issue I was able to isolate was that "SED" wasn't being exported.

doing a SED=sed; export SED" solved this issue but libtool still wasn't working properly and uninstalling left me with a broken system.

I was forced to reinstall my OS to get things working again however I'm unable to work with some software packages because of the vendor provided version of aclocal and automake.

Any help on how I can get the upgrade and keep things working would be greatly appreciated.

-- Dale