Re: installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: installing automake 1.9.5 and now libtool isn't working properly.
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:23:02 +0100

Hi Dale,

* Dale Walsh wrote on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:55:57AM CET:
> OS is Mac OSX 10.4.4
>
> I've had a need to update automake from 1.6 to 1.9.5 because of some
> software packages I'm working with.
>
> When I do this libtool no longer functions properly, one issue I was
> able to isolate was that "SED" wasn't being exported.
>
> doing a SED=sed; export SED" solved this issue but libtool still
> wasn't working properly and uninstalling left me with a broken system.

I'm sorry, but you provide too little information in order to be able to
see what's going wrong.  Please show failures, exact libtool version
used (it's not the fact that OSX has a /usr/bin/libtool which is not the
GNU one -- that is usually named glibtool there; right?), and how
exactly it fails.  Best would be a reproducible example.

All I can say regarding the information given is that for other people
this combination is apparently working, since there are no bug reports
I know of.