Re: Fortran and subdir-objects

From: Davyd Madeley
Subject: Re: Fortran and subdir-objects
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:45:51 +0800

Ralf,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 11:02:23AM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> * Davyd Madeley wrote on Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:38:36AM CET:
> > I see that it is not possible to use Fortran with subdir-objects. What
> > would be required to implement something like this?
>
> This: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.automake.general/6527
> plus changes in automake.in to accomodate for this, I believe
> (also look at the context of above thread).  I haven't gotten around to
> looking at this again, nor testing above patch much, I'm afraid.

This post would seem to suggest the addition of the macros to test
for -c/-o compatibility in automake. I also notice that f/F/etc.
files are added to lib/compile, but I'm not entirely sure how this
ties in.

> Note that as a workaround you should be able to use subdir-objects not
> package-wide, but Makefile.am-wide only, by using the AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS
> variable in Makefile.am instead of setting the option in configure.ac:
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.

As it stands, I am (was) using the subdir-objects in
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS, as it is only required for part of the package. In
the autotools'ing and and modularization of this tree, code that has
not yet been split out from the main library remains in
./libraries/libfoo/{c,f,h,cbk}/ which is where I was attempting to
use subdir-objects.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA