distcheck and AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: distcheck and AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:55:08 +0000

I have a package that includes a tear-off subdir.

The top-level package uses a library in a subdir of the tear-off
package.

"make distcheck" is failing, apparently because the Makefile in the
tear-off subdir is getting "cleaned" twice, once in as part of the
top-level Makefile SUBDIRS list and again as part of the SUBDIRS list in
the tear-off Makefile.

I would prefer to keep a single copy of this tear-off subdir library;
what can I do to have "make distcheck" work in this case?