Re: distcheck and AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: distcheck and AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:02:22 +0100

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 10:55:08PM +0000, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> "make distcheck" is failing, apparently because the Makefile in the
> tear-off subdir is getting "cleaned" twice, once in as part of the
> top-level Makefile SUBDIRS list and again as part of the SUBDIRS list in
> the tear-off Makefile.

this is a bug: the SUBDIRS variables should define an acyclic graph (a tree).
This means that you cannot recurse twice into the same directory.

I believe you can link against library in a nested subdirectory without
and you don't have to add that subdirectory to the SUBDIRS variable.

If you posted an example (the smaller the better), someone might have found
time to edit it to show you the way.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal