Re: Specifying dependencies difficulties

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Specifying dependencies difficulties
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:22:09 +0100

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 21:21 +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I'm having difficulty with the following set of files and compilation
> requirements.
>
>        qdvi/
>            psheaders.txt \
>            squeeze.c \
>            psgs.cpp \
>            psgs.h
>
> 1 squeeze.c it to be compiled to create an executable squeeze.exe.
> 2 squeeze.exe is used to generate psheaders.{cpp,h} from psheaders.txt.
> 3 psheaders.h is #included by psgs.cpp
> 4 psheaders.{cpp,h} and psgs.{cpp,h} are compiled and linked into my target
> executable, qdvi
>

> Any clues?

cf. below:

DISTCLEANFILES = \
psheader.cpp \
psheader.h

bin_PROGRAMS = qdvi
noinst_PROGRAMS = squeeze

BUILT_SOURCES = psheader.cpp psheader.h

qdvi_SOURCES = \
qdvi.cpp \
psheader.cpp \
psheader.h

squeeze_SOURCES = squeeze.c psheader.txt

psheader.cpp: psheader.txt squeeze$(EXEEXT)
        touch psheader.cpp
psheader.h: psheader.txt squeeze$(EXEEXT)
        touch psheader.h