[SOLVED] Re: problem with flex scanner && `make dist'

From: tom fogal
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: problem with flex scanner && `make dist'
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:17:31 -0500

Very delayed, but I'm replying to my own mail.  Figured I should note
the solution for completeness.
As per usual, it was a PEBKAC.

 <address@hidden>Alexandre Duret-Lutz writes:
> [...]
<snip>
> tf> Unfortunately this seems to cause problems when I make dist.
> tf> Specifically:
>
> tf> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `input/scan.ll', needed by
> tf> `distdir'.  Stop.
>
> My directory tree is something like:
>
> /
> /configure.ac
> /Makefile.am
> /INSTALL
> /README
> /ChangeLog
> /<etc.>
> /tests
> /tests/Makefile.am
> /src/Makefile.am
> /src/parse/Inc.am

       ^^^^^  Note this directory name!

> /src/ast/Inc.am
> [. . .]

<snip>
> tf> libAll_a_SOURCES += \
> tf> $(srcdir)/parse/grammar.ypp \
> tf> $(srcdir)/parse/scan.ll
<snip>
                ^^^^^ again, note directory.

> tf> parser_SOURCES = \
> tf> $(srcdir)/input/grammar.ypp \
> tf> $(srcdir)/input/scan.ll

                ^^^^^ different.

I had copied this particular `Inc.am' from another project which stored
the parser / scanner in a directory named `input' instead of `parse',
and had not gone over all the directories to fix them.

So for anyone reading the archives: be sure to double check your input;
Automake is probably smarter than you ;)

-tom