Re: makeinfo problem

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: makeinfo problem
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:41:07 +0200

Hello,
  a quick answer, you might get a better one from Karl, the maintainer.

> which version of makeinfo introduced HTML support ? I think
> we have to check in configure if the makeinfo tool is able the handle
> the --html option.

well, I think lot of work was done with --html recently, so it might
be a good idea of the ./configure accepts only makeinfo >= 4.8.
(If you want to loweer that bound, test the previous releases; you seem
to have prooved that 4.5 is not usable.)

If this restrictions might cause a problem to you, please consider
distributing the generated HTML files, so that users can install
the html manual.

(What is the right way to distribute the generated html?  I'm not sure,
and I'll be glad if someone adds an example.)

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal