suggestion for bug #486

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: suggestion for bug #486
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:13:27 +0200

Hello,
   I looked at PR 486.  It seems the problem is that Automake doesn't know
that the resulting info file depends on the included Texinfo file.

(I guess that you have some rules to update the info files, but they are
not triggered by the prerequisities of dist-info target.)

The right way to fix this is to make the notation for info manuals
more consistent with the rest of the Automake, as Akim Demaille
proposed long ago.

In http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-automake/2005-12/msg00002.html
I rephrased the suggestion, and Akim mailed me that I can replace the
quotation by my text.
So, after a long delay, I would like to use his approval.
Will you accept the attached patch?

Have a nice day,
        Stepan