Re: /my/bin/aclocaldir

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: /my/bin/aclocaldir
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:39:34 +0200

Stepan Kasal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:17:23AM +0200, Guido Draheim wrote:
>> [...] I am making it up as a patch over standard 'aclocal' - it just
>> adds a few options that imitate automake options "-a" and "-c".
>
> the CVS version of aclocal has an option --install which is very
> similar to this.  Does it meet your needs?

Almost.
(a) Can't go and install cvs version everywhere.
    Some patch over current distributed automake is a nice thing.
(b) Cvs version does a plain copy of the file - a symlink does
    tell me which version was picked / where it is / and makes
    faster turnarounds when making up ac macros.
(c) Looking at the cvs version I doubt that it will work as
    there is a missing m4_include in the $install else path.

have fun,
-- guido                            http://google.de/search?q=guidod