Re: mailing list administrivia

From: Stepan Kasal
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:38:44 +0200

Hello Andreas,

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 08:56:23AM +0200, Andreas Büning wrote:
> Slightly. I've attached the automatic replies. The first one
> also contains the original message.

the first mail was posted to address@hidden,
instead of address@hidden  The -request address is for commands,
like subscribe/unsubscribe, etc.  So that was a typo on your side.

When the robot said:
> - Unprocessed:
>     I tried to use aclocal 1.9.6 on OS/2 and encountered the

it meant that these are not valid commands for the list server.

The second attachent shows that you message was delayed because you
were not member of bug-automake.  This is an anti-spam measure, and
the usual procedure is that the mail is authorized manualy a few
hours later.  If your message is dropped it might be a bug or a
mistake.

Bob will be able to find more details, I guess.

> What is an MTA log and where can I find it?

A log of the deamon which handles your email.  The headers of the
attached mail reveals that the access is at your ISP, and you
probably don't have access to it.

But it's not needed, we now see that both mails arrived to gnu.org.

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal