How to build src/server and src/client separately?

From: Andreas Ntaflos
Subject: How to build src/server and src/client separately?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:56:45 +0200

Hello list,

I think this shouldn't be too difficult, but I couldn't find it in the
automake manual (possibly because I don't know exactly what to look
for).

My project consists of $(topdir)/src/server and $(topdir)/src/client.
Issuing `./configure && make' in $(topdir) correctly builds server and
client, two otherwise unrelated programs.

I would like to be able to issue `make' to build both (current
behaviour) as well as `make server' and `make client' to build them
separately if I want to do so.

I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to the right section in TFM
or give me clues how to configure my project for the desired behaviour.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4