Dependencies in a single Makefile.am

From: Hugo de Paix de Coeur
Subject: Dependencies in a single Makefile.am
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 15:09:41 +0200

Hello all..

I've a dependency problem:

I build two libraries in a single Makefile.am:

- an independent shared library
- a module library (dlopen...) linked on the shared library

the 'make' step do not cause any problems thanks to the _DEPENDENCIES tag, but the tag is not respected at the 'make install' step. In fact, I compile several systems and some of them install the shared library after the module, and the relink fail.

So am I completely wrong ? must I create a sub-directory for the shared fibrary to manage such a dependency ? Are there some rules for the installation order based on the prefix pkglib_, lib_, .*exec_, .*data_, ...

Thx...
Hugo

Makefile.am:

# the shared library
pluginlibexec_LTLIBRARIES       = libcore.la
libcore_la_SOURCES              = $(sources) $(includes)
libcore_la_LDFLAGS = $(VERSIONING_OPTION) $(CORE_MODULE_INTERFACE_VERSION) libcore_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/src/vision_client/libvision_client.la

# the module linked on the shared library
pkglib_LTLIBRARIES          = core.la
core_la_SOURCES                 = factory.cpp
core_la_LDFLAGS                 = $(PLUGIN_LDFLAGS) -module
core_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/src/Modules/core/libcore.la
core_la_DEPENDENCIES            = libcore.la