finding the location of header (.h) files

From: mick
Subject: finding the location of header (.h) files
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:23:36 +1000

I have an application that depends on gtkhtml-2.0, which seems to be in a
diferent location in almost every linux or BSD distribution.

Currently I have:-
INCLUDES = -I/usr/include/gtkhtml-2.0
in Makefile.am and
AC_CHECK_LIB([gtkhtml-2], [html_document_open_stream],, [AC_MSG_ERROR([BUMMER,
Maybe if you install libgtkhtml-2 & libgtkhtml-2-dev this pig will fly])])
in configure.ac, which works on my system but I need to replace it with a
portable construct to tell autoconf/make etc. to find it and feed its
location into the final Makefile.

I have searched through autoconf and automake.pdf's but if I saw what I need I
didn't recognise it.

please help
/]/]ik