Re: Change a flag for a specific file

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Subject: Re: Change a flag for a specific file
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:37:02 +0200

Le mardi 22 août 2006 à 13:31 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues a écrit :

> It would be helpful if you did not omit the name and date of the quoted
> part (makes searching for context much easier), thanks.
Sorry for this

> * Sylvestre Ledru wrote on Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:50:40PM CEST:
> >
> > > If it is even important to you to have _only_ one file compiled with
> > > this flag, say bar.f, while all the others do not get this flag, you
> > > could make the compilation of bar.f special by putting it in a (not
> > > installed) library.  For example:
>
> > Your solution is perfect for programs but I would like to use it with a
> > library (libtool)
> >
> > I have :
> > lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la
> > libfoo_la_SOURCES = bezous.f
> > libfoo_la_LIBADD = libdummy-foo.la
> >
> > noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libdummy-foo.la
> > libdummy_foo_la_SOURCES = hqror2.f
> > libdummy_foo_la_FFLAGS = -O0
>
> The above should work fine.
>
> > The problem with this solution is that Automake build libfoo first and
> > as libdummy-foo doesn't not exist yet, it fails ("make: *** No rule to
> > make target `libdummy-foo.la', needed by `libfoo.la'.  Stop.")
>
> Which Automake version do you use?  Does Makefile.in contain a line of
> the form
>   libfoo_la_DEPENDENCIES = libdummy-foo.la
In fact, I had a line in Makefile.am like that but with the full path
libcontrol_la_DEPENDENCIES =
$(top_builddir)/routines/foo/libdummy-foo.la
which is the right path.
I guess the problem I had was caused by the fact that automake does not
understand that $(top_builddir)/routines/foo/libdummy-foo.la ==
libdummy-foo.la

Thank you (again)
Sylvestre