Re: AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:45:59 -0700

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

> I have tried Automake-1.9b together with the patch below for this
> package, and I believe it to work well.  See the first patch below to
> introduce usage of AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR.  With a small change to be able
> to run `make check' in a VPATH build, I get two failures and some
> skipped tests:

> | client/remctl...........execution failed (not found?)
> [...]
> | util/xmalloc............execution failed (not found?)

> Running these manually seems to work, though, revealing that it's just a
> VPATH bug:
> $ ../remctl-2.0/tests/client/remctl-t >/dev/null; echo $?
> 0
> $ ../remctl-2.0/tests/util/xmalloc-t >/dev/null; echo $?
> 0

Wow, thank you for all your work on this!  This is really way above and
beyond the call of duty.  I'm delighted to hear that the new Automake
resolves this problem; I am awaiting it eagerly!  I'll update the
README.automake file to note this.

Yes, the test suite didn't work with VPATH builds; I should have mentioned
something about that.  That was just something I hadn't had a chance to
figure out the best way to do.  Thank you very much for your patches; I'm
reviewing them right now for the upcoming 2.1 release.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>