Re: nobase.test

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: nobase.test
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:44:34 +0200

>>> "RW" == Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 RW> Maybe there is a solution to all cases.  But until then, I don't think
 RW> it's a good idea to advertise half-solutions, and employ half-tests.
 RW> And yes, that is very much IMHO.

Following these lines, it's nonsense to maintain some
half-support for non-executable install-sh.  If we don't want to
support this use-case, ${SHELL} should be fully removed from
every call to install-sh.

And if why stop with install-sh?  Any reason mdate-sh, ylwrap, and
friends should be handled differently than install-sh?

(I'm not being sarcastic here; I just don't care which way the
balance tilts, as long as it clearly tilts.)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz

Shared books are happy books.     http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/gadl