Re: aclocal search path

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: aclocal search path
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:20:33 +0200

Hello Russell,

* Russell Shaw wrote on Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 03:00:29PM CEST:

> Does aclocal have a way to add m4 directories using an environment
> variable?

AFAIK no, but you can add directories using the -I flag.

> On debian, it only looks in /usr/share/aclocal. I want it to look in
> /usr/local/share/aclocal too.

  aclocal -I /usr/local/share/aclocal

should work.  If you use autoreconf, you can use the environment
variable $ACLOCAL (but note that the first -I flag is special, so
if your toplevel Makefile.am contains ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS, that may make a
difference).

> I couldn't find the source for aclocal in the automake tree.

It's in the file aclocal.in.