Re: sysconf_DATA v. dist_sysconf_DATA

From: David Everly
Subject: Re: sysconf_DATA v. dist_sysconf_DATA
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 05:52:12 -0700

On 11/9/06, Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 05:46:23PM -0700, David Everly wrote:
> I put together a test case before sending my email, the only line in
> the one Makefile.am is the one I gave containing test.txt.

well, I created configure.ac and Makefile.am:
$ cat configure.ac
AC_INIT([this], [1.0], address@hidden)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_OUTPUT
$ cat Makefile.am
sysconf_DATA = $(top_srcdir)/test.txt
$

Then I run:

autoreconf -i
./configure
make distcheck

This is almost identical to what I tried.

and the distcheck failed with the expected message:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../test.txt', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.

I used recent CVS build of Autoconf, and a CVS version of Automake
which is slightly older than 1.10.

Ok, so there must be something that is better about CVS because your
test also does not fail for me.