"dynamic" makefile

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Subject: "dynamic" makefile
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:23:42 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to create a dynamic compilation system. In theoric, it is
not difficult but I don't know if it is possible to do it.

I would like to able to :
* launch a ./configure in order to retrieve basic informations about the
computer

* with the informations retrieved by the ./configure and with a basic
Makefile.(am/in), create a Makefile  which could take X parameters which
will be a C/C++ or Fortran files (and library(ies) if possible) and
create a dynamic library

For the end user, the procedure will :
./configure
make myfile.c
<produce a .so file>

I know I could do that with a standard makefile but I prefer to use
autotool as much as possible.

Thanks !
Sylvestre