Re: no rule to make asm targets

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: no rule to make asm targets
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:40:50 +0100

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:05:14PM +0200, Jari Strand wrote:
> I am sorry that I have to post again but I am still stuck with this
> problem. Was it so that the problem should have been fixed after changing
> the code to use the global target flags? I hope I have just done something
> wrong now, but I need to know in order to figure what to try next.
>
> Do you have any suggestion for solving this issue, can I post other files?

when I saw your last reply, I tried to look to your original post,
but I was not able to identify any other problem which I could look at.

So I suggest that you make a tarball that shows where you are right
now, put it somewhere and post an URL.  (Or you can attach it to your
mail, if it is small.)

It might help if you simplify the example, but it is not necessary.

It is much more important that you make the example as self-contained
as you can, with a clear description which commands to invoke, what
is the result you observe and what is the expected result.

List all dependencies on the installed packages, so that it is
possible to reproduce your problem.

And then hope that a reader of this list will find spare time to look
at the issue.   (Yes, there is no guarantee that the work you
invest into formulating the question will pay off, unfortunately.  :-(  )

Sorry that we were not able to provide better help.  (At least not
yet.)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal