Re: Lost in automatic dependencies

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Lost in automatic dependencies
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:38:24 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:57:44PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>  Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote
> > Just making sure: you said you removed config.cache, but what about
> > $prefix/var/tmp/config.cache?
>
> You're right. I deleted config.cache, $prefix/var/tmp/config.cache,
> restored my config.site and rebuilt everything and it works. I now
> have automatic dependencies. Thanks again.

but, if I understand the situation correctly, your config.site was
the root of your problem: keeping one common cache for all projects
does not work.  (Or, at least, is not tested.)

It seems that some time ago, you configured a project with
--disable-dependency-tracking, and then this seting was stored in the
cache.  (You might say that this is a bug in Automake, but in any
case, this is something which is note ready and does not work.)

Have a nice day,
        Stepan Kasal