Re: renamed objects and other languages

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: Re: renamed objects and other languages
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:32:50 +0200

Quoting Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden>:

Hello Florian,

* address@hidden wrote on Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 03:38:45PM CEST:
--- snip ----
  SUFFIXES = .x

  .x.cc:

  %.cc %.h: %.x
        :> $*.cc
        :> $*.h

  bin_PROGRAMS = aaa
  aaa_SOURCES = main.cc foo.x
--- snip ----

as soon long I don't add:

--- snip ----
aaa_CXXFLAGS = -I.
--- snip ----

the automatic renaming of the objectfiles breaks my compilation,
because in the Makefile there is this rule created:
[...]
Is there a way to tell automake to create a rule for foo.cc instead?

If foo.cc and foo.h are not to be distributed (i.e., they are not
portable to other systems), then put foo.x in EXTRA_DIST, foo.cc and
foo.h in nodist_aaa_SOURCES and CLEANFILES.  I think you may have to
put foo.h into BUILT_SOURCES as well for a parallel build.

You didn't make it clear that `foo.x' should not be listed in
`(nodist_)aaa_SOURCES'.  Only `foo.cc' AND `foo.h' must be there.  And I'd put
both `foo.h' and `foo.cc' in BUILT_SOURCES, because that's what they are.

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory