Re: bison output directory

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: bison output directory
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:06:30 -0400

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 04:58:25PM +0200, Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:
> Hello Bob,
>
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:43:00AM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > I've noticed that if you put the generated source file in the source
> > directory, and then run make, automake will overwrite the source file in
> > the source directory, instead of putting it in the build directory.
>
> Thanks for a quick answer! However, this didn't work for me. I've tried
> putting them to both $(top_srcdir) and $(top_srcdir)/subdir. My .l and
> .y files are in the latter, and this is where I want to have the
> generated files, too. Further ideas?

Hi Baurzhan,

Well, all I can tell you is what works for me. I have both the .yxx and
.ll files in $(top_srcdir)/foo. I put the generated .cpp files at the same
level, in $(top_srcdir)/foo. My Makefile.am has,

libfoo_a_SOURCES= \
  FooGrammar.yxx \
  FooLexer.ll \
  Foo.cpp \

After I modify the .yxx file, and then type 'make', automake ensures
that the generated file in my source tree is updated.

Maybe you should start from scratch, remove the generated file from the
build tree, and try again.

Good luck,
Bob Rossi