Newbie question - "make dist" with conditional data

From: David Bruce
Subject: Newbie question - "make dist" with conditional data
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:08:14 -0400

Hi,

I have a project that uses automake and autotools and has a functioning "make
dist target" using EXTRA_DIST to put in all the files that aren't
automagically included.  "make dist" currently bundles in three fonts that
are used by the program.  I want to change this so that "make dist" does not
include the font files, but have another target (perhaps "make
dist_with_fonts") that does include them.  Is there a good way to do this in
my Makefile.am's?

Thanks,
(and apologies if I missed the place in the manual where this is explained)

--
David Bruce