Re: install per target ....

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: install per target ....
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 20:46:00 +0200

Hello Roberto,

* Roberto Alejandro Espí Muñoz wrote on Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 04:25:57AM CEST:
> I have 4 targets defined in my program.  Three are binaries and one is a
> library.  One of those programs depends on the library being built and
> installed in it's proper location in the system with it's corredpondant
> header files.  When I try to issue "make install libprogram.la" for example,
> it exports the header files and then it starts to install the target that
> depends on it which will of course fail.
>
> Can anybody tell me if I can install a particular target without installing
> another??

At the moment this is simply not possible in a documented and stable
way, but this may be a viable TODO item.

The following procedure using undocumented features may or may not do
what you want (and may break with a future Automake release), if you
change to the build directory in which libprogram.la was created:

  make install-exec-am bin_PROGRAMS= lib_LTLIBRARIES=libprogram.la

You may have to override other primaries such as pkglib_LTLIBRARIES or
bin_SCRIPTS, provided that they are used in this Makefile.am.

Hope that helps.