Re: Forcing an AC_CHECK to fail

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Forcing an AC_CHECK to fail
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 10:16:36 +0200

Hello Michael,

* Michael B Allen wrote on Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 02:44:26AM CEST:
> On 10/20/07, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> > "Michael B Allen" <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > So how to do I preset a cache variable before running configure?
> >
> > You can put it in the environment, or use config.site.  See
> > (autoconf)Site Defaults.

> Ok. I see the docs you're talking about. Still not crystal clear what
> exactly I would put in the site config (AC_CACHE_VALUE I suppose).

To find out the cache value name, either look at the generated configure
code, or do a `./configure -C' and look for the corresponding variable
in the generated config.cache file.  Variables are named according to a
scheme:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/html_node/Cache-Variable-Names.html>