Re: creating shared libraries (was: parallel testsuite execution)

From: txie
Subject: Re: creating shared libraries (was: parallel testsuite execution)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:45:36 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello Ting,
>
> * address@hidden wrote on Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 07:38:29PM CEST:
>>
>> Does anyone know how to create shared library file .so file? Currently I
>> only know write .la file (not .so file) in Makefile.am file. Thanks.
>
> First, please do not reply to other threads when you start a new topic.
> Just send a new message to the list.  Then, please don't top-post.
> Thank you, it makes reading the list mails much easier for others.
>
> If you know to create a libtool library file (.la file), then you have
> already all that you need: the shared library (.so file) will be created
> alongside, and upon 'make install', copied into the libdir.
>
> <http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#A-Shared-Library>
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Hello Ralf,

Thanks. It works. I got the shared library (.so file) after I ran 'make
install' command.
But I have another question about shared library. If I want to create one
shared library from many source files in different sub-directories of
/src, how to do then? Currently I copied all source files to /src
directory, and wrote one Makefile.am file in the directory. May I
distribute the sources files into sub-directories, and still create one
shared library (one .so file)? Thanks.

Ting