Creating flex header files with automake

From: Andrej Prsa
Subject: Creating flex header files with automake
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:04:28 -0400

Hi,

I have difficulties persuading automake to create header files from a
flex source using ylwrap. I tried the following:

foo_SOURCES = lexer.l parser.y
AM_LFLAGS = --header-file=lexer.h

but ylwrap doesn't create it; I also tried passing

%option header-file="lexer.h"

in the lex file, but that didn't work either; anything I do, automake
never passes a header file to ylwrap. So I finally got around by doing
the following:

foo_SOURCES = lexer.l parser.y

BUILT_SOURCES = lexer.h parser.h

lexer.h:
        $(LEX) lexer.l

However, this looks terrible. Is there really no way to pass the header
file to ylwrap for creation?

Thanks,
Andrej