How to put right files in to "doc" directory

From: Hongliang Wang
Subject: How to put right files in to "doc" directory
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:38:35 +0000

Hello all,

Currently I have all the document files in top-level directory,
$ ls
AUTHORS    Makefile.am  aclocal.m4   config.status*  install-sh*     util/
COPYING    Makefile.in  compile*     configure*      missing*        zizzy.man
ChangeLog  NEWS         config.h     configure.ac    mkinstalldirs*
INSTALL    README       config.h.in  depcomp*        ora/
Makefile   TODO         config.log   gen/            stamp-h1

and the source files are in "gen", "ora" and "util" directories.

My boss would like to put AUTHORS, COPYING, ChangeLog, NEWS, TODO into "doc"
directory.

Could anybody tell me how to do that?

Here is my Makefile.am
===============================
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = gnu
SUBDIRS = gen ora util
man_MANS = zizzy.man
EXTRA_DIST = $(man_MANS)

and configure.ac
==============================
#                                               -*- Autoconf -*-
# Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.

AC_PREREQ(2.57)
AC_INIT(zizzy, 0.1, address@hidden)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([config.h.in])
AM_CONFIG_HEADER([config.h])

# Checks for programs.
AC_PROG_CC

# Checks for libraries.
# FIXME: Replace `main' with a function in `-lm':
AC_CHECK_LIB([m], [main])

# Checks for header files.
AC_FUNC_ALLOCA
AC_HEADER_DIRENT
AC_HEADER_STDC
AC_CHECK_HEADERS([stdlib.h string.h sys/time.h unistd.h])

# Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
AC_HEADER_STDBOOL
AC_C_CONST
AC_TYPE_OFF_T
AC_TYPE_PID_T
AC_TYPE_SIZE_T
AC_HEADER_TIME
AC_STRUCT_TM
AC_C_VOLATILE

# Checks for library functions.
AC_FUNC_CLOSEDIR_VOID
AC_FUNC_MALLOC
AC_FUNC_STAT
AC_FUNC_VPRINTF
# Large File support
AC_FUNC_FSEEKO
AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
# end
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([memset sqrt strchr strerror])
AC_PROG_RANLIB

#PKG_CHECK_MODULES(glib, glib-2.0>= 2.10)
PKG_CHECK_MODULES([DEPS], [glib-2.0>= 2.10])
AC_SUBST(DEPS_CFLAGS)
AC_SUBST(DEPS_LIBS)

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
                 gen/Makefile