Re: DLLTOOL without LIBTOOL

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: DLLTOOL without LIBTOOL
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:09:06 -0400

On 11/2/07, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> * NightStrike wrote on Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 05:43:05PM CET:
> > On 11/2/07, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >     AC_CHECK_TOOL(DLLTOOL, dlltool, false)
> >
> > How does that handle cross configurations?  For instance, if the tool
> > is x86_64-pc-mingw32-dlltool?
>
> $ info --index-search=AC_CHECK_TOOL Autoconf

 -- Macro: AC_CHECK_TOOL (VARIABLE, PROG-TO-CHECK-FOR,
          [VALUE-IF-NOT-FOUND], [PATH])
     Like `AC_CHECK_PROG', but first looks for PROG-TO-CHECK-FOR with a
     prefix of the host type as determined by `AC_CANONICAL_HOST',
     followed by a dash (*note Canonicalizing::).  For example, if the
     user runs `configure --host=i386-gnu', then this call:
          AC_CHECK_TOOL([RANLIB], [ranlib], [:])
     sets `RANLIB' to `i386-gnu-ranlib' if that program exists in
     `PATH', or otherwise to `ranlib' if that program exists in `PATH',
     or to `:' if neither program exists.

     In the future, when cross-compiling this macro will _only_ accept
     program names that are prefixed with the host type.  For more
     information, see *Note Specifying the system type: Specifying
     Names.

Perfect!  You've shown me two things -- how this macro works, and how
to use "info" without pulling my hair out.  Thanks again!