Re: Multilib support

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Multilib support
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:49:57 +0100

* NightStrike wrote on Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 05:36:11PM CET:
> I just came across the multilib section of the automake manual:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Multilibs
>
> How can I find the status on this?  How "experimental" is "experimental"?

It's experimental.  GCC uses it, debugs it, patches it, at its will.
Really for questions you should probably turn to GCC.  But be warned
that they might just as well ask you to go and find out/fix things
yourself, or even write that documentation (the one you're looking
for) yourself.

Most of the time when people ask for multilibs they are satisfied
with a couple of VPATH builds, a la:
  mkdir build-32 build-64
  cd build-32 && ../configure -C CPPFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32
  cd build-64 && ../configure -C CPPFLAGS=-m64 LDFLAGS=-m64

Since you do something that's compiler-intimate, you may just be
able to make use of the multilib support.  Sorry I can't help you
with that at all.