Re: Another snag.. extension detection

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: Re: Another snag.. extension detection
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:11:24 +0100

On Nov 18, 2007, at 9:02 AM, NightStrike wrote:

I hit another snag in my project.  I am building a runtime as a
component of a cross compiler.  Configure has to determine the various
tools to use (denoted by passing --host=xx to configure), and I use
all of the AC_PROG_XX macros.  This may be an autoconf issue instead
of automake, but what happens is that configure tries to test for the
default extention of exe files.  The compiler doesn't make exe files,
however, because there is no runtime (chicken, egg).

Will automake be ok if I just do AC_CHECK_TOOL for gcc and g++ instead
of AC_PROG_CC and AC_PROG_CXX?

Can't you populate the right cache variables to set the results you want without going through the tests? It's a kludge, but it's less kludgy than what Ralf suggested, or so I think.

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory