Static link against shared objects

From: Julien TIERNY (LIFL, TELECOM Lille 1)
Subject: Static link against shared objects
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:10:11 +0100

hi there!
I use automake for the packaging of a software I wrote that uses third party
shared libraries (at this point, everything's ok).
Is it possible to force automake generate Makefiles such that the final binary
program is statically linked to the third party libraries? (I've got *.so and
*.a versions of the third party libraries).
Thanks for your help.
--
TIERNY Julien -- www.lifl.fr/~tierny/
Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille (www.lifl.fr)