how to check 64bit or 32 bit machine?

From: susan xie
Subject: how to check 64bit or 32 bit machine?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:47:29 -0500

Hi,

I want to use a third-party library in my Makefile.am. The static third party
library is put in a directory with 2 sub-directories: 'linux' and 'linux64'.
On 64bit machine, my code needs to link with the static library in 'linux64'
directory. While on 32 bit machine, it needs to link with the static library in
'linux' directory.  Do you know how to check 64bit machine or 32 bit machine to
finish this task?

Thanks in advance.

Ting

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative
now.