Re: What to check into repository?

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: What to check into repository?
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:55:48 -0800

Warren Young wrote:

> You can create empty versions of these files to appease the tool.  (Per
> the thread topic, they would go in the repository.)  Or, maybe you have
> a use for some of these files, so they could have actual content.

He has them in a doc/ subdir, so it would be rather ugly to put empty
ones at the top level.

> It appears autoreconf doesn't know how to pass the "--foreign" flag to
> automake, which makes it ignore the lack of these files.  I tried
> "autoreconf -W no-gnu", but that doesn't help.

You should be able to do this just by AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign]).

Hongliang Wang wrote:

> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I checked in Makefile.in Makefile.am and configure.ac. And also an execute
> file

Note that Makefile.in is generated so you shouldn't check that in.  If
in doubt, look at the comments at the top of the file, as generated
files usually say "# filename generated by foo x.yz from bar".

Brian