Re: aclocal recursion error

From: Skip Montanaro
Subject: Re: aclocal recursion error
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:38:30 +0000 (UTC)

    >> /opt/local/bin/gm4:configure.ac:23: recursion limit of 1024 ...
    >> which I'm at a loss to decipher.

    Ralf> We need to see the configure.ac script up to line 23.  Most
    Ralf> likely, on line 23 there is a macro call.  If that macro is
    Ralf> defined not by Autoconf or Automake but by you or a macro file you
    Ralf> use, then we need to see that file as well.  (Recurse down that
    Ralf> path.)  Then we may be able to tell what's going wrong.

Not much magic there.  Here's the entire file. Line 23 is the AC_OUTPUT line:

    dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
    AC_INIT(pull, 0.1.0)
    AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
    dnl description needs improvement:
    AC_ARG_VAR(PULL_PREFIX, [Top of the installation directory hierarchy])
    AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT($PULL_PREFIX)
    AC_LANG(C)
    AC_PROG_RANLIB
    AC_ENABLE_SHARED
    AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

    AH_TOP([/* This file is only for internal use when building */
    /* the pull library. */
    /* It should not be installed in a user-visible include directory.*/
    #ifndef pull_config_h_included
    #define pull_config_h_included
    ])
    AH_BOTTOM([#endif /* pull_config_h_included */])
    AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)
    AC_CONFIG_FILES([
      Makefile
    ])
    AC_OUTPUT

I think everything in the configure.ac file is pretty generic.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro