Re: using install.sh selectively

From: Kamaljit Singh
Subject: Re: using install.sh selectively
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:01:14 -0800 (PST)

break permanently, or was that a snide remark ?
If the latter then I will use this preferably.

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote: Hello Kamaljit,

* Kamaljit Singh wrote on Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:25:48AM CET:

> I am trying to use "make install-strip" and that tries to strip all
> _PROGRAMS.  But I dont want all the PROGRAMS that I build should be
> stripped. Is there some out of the box way to do that ?

Not without messing with Automake internals.  So expect the following to
break with a new Automake release, but with 1.10 it prevents stripping
of bar but not foo:

  bin_PROGRAMS = foo
  nostripbindir = $(bindir)
  nostripbin_PROGRAMS = bar