Re: linking source files from a different directory macro

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: linking source files from a different directory macro
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:18:09 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Jason Roscoe wrote:

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
That sounds like a nice feature. For GraphicsMagick (which needs this capability) I distribute a slightly modified version of the old X11 'lndir' shell script and invoke it via an automake 'hook'. This approach seems to work fine.

Thanks for the pointer. Does your automake 'hook' also contain the smarts to clean up the linked source code during a 'make clean'?

It does not do that (the way you describe) since the source I am linking to includes its own 'make clean' facility, but I do invoke that 'make clean' facility via a hook.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn