Re: linking source files from a different directory macro

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: linking source files from a different directory macro
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:50:54 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Jason Roscoe wrote:

I also saw AC_CONFIG_LINKS but I wasn't sure it would be appropriate for what I was trying to do. I'll have a look at it again. One other thing is that I would like the links to be removed during a 'make clean' step, e.g.. Do you know offhand if AC_CONFIG_LINKS will setup any rules to remove the links?

It seems to me that this macro is intended to assist with configuring the package. It is not meant for drawing in a foreign source tree which Automake does not know about or does not obey VPATH rules.

It seems that the links created by AC_CONFIG_LINKS are created by config.status so they should be removed by 'distclean' but not 'clean'.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn