Re: Bison C++ parsers and ylwrap

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: Bison C++ parsers and ylwrap
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:28:12 -0600

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> It probably is a bug.  I for one use bison/yacc very sparingly only and
> lack the experience how to deal with it portably.  Which is why it would
> be better if someone else worked on fixing it.

For whatever it's worth, I have always found bison's C++ support to be
sub-par.  It's always been easier to create C source from bison, put
some 'extern "C"' decls in the %{ %} header of the .y file, and output
to a .cc file.

So while I have no resolution for the bug, I would encourage you to just
use bison conventionally as a workaround.