Re: substitution vs expansion in Makefile.am

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: substitution vs expansion in Makefile.am
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 17:41:57 -0500

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 15:34 -0700, John Calcote wrote:
> This question is somewhat related to the last one I asked. Where
> should I use @top_srcdir@, and where should I use $(top_srcdir)?

The answer is, you should ALWAYS use the make variable, and NEVER use
the automake variable.  There may be very obscure exceptions but I can't
think of any; certainly none in a straightforward automake file.

My $0.02.

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist