Questions on 'make dist'

From: NightStrike
Subject: Questions on 'make dist'
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:42:52 -0400

Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64

Our project is laid out like this:

/trunk/
/trunk/mingw-w64-crt/
/trunk/mingw-w64-doc/
/trunk/mingw-w64-headers/

In the *-crt directory is where the build system resides, including
any headers required to *build* the crt.  In the *headers directory is
the header set that is required to *use* the eventual Win64 gcc
toolchain.

Currently, to make a source distribution, we just tar up the /trunk
directory and be done with it.  We do this because if we do a 'make
dist' from the crt directory, we only get the crt directory itself and
not the usage headers.

What is the best way to handle this situation to remove the need to
manually tar up the trunk?